Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

민다나오의 Edwin Pastor로부터 온 선교 편지(2007-08-24)

(이종헌에게 온 편지를 개략적으로 번역하여 같이 올립니다.)

Dear Doctor Lee,

My heart is overjoyed, when I open my email and received a letter from a concerned and sympathetic Christian brother from Korea.  Indeed, I am very much thankful for considering me as your missionary partner here in the Philippines.

제가 이메일을 열었을 때, 한국에 있는 기독교인 형제로부터 관심과 공감어린 편지를 받았을 때 내 마음에 기쁨이 넘쳤습니다. 참으로, 저를 이곳 필리핀에 있는 선교의 파트너로 생각해 주는 것에 대해 매우 감사합니다.

I am happy to know Doc, that you arrived in your place safely and soundly. I thank the Lord for His divine protection during your trip from the Philippines. With best regards, kindly extend my warm Christian greetings and thanks to your family as well as to the members of your home church (AMEN CHURCH).

당신이 집에 안전하게 잘 도착했다니 좋습니다. 필리핀에서 그곳까지의 여행 동안에 주님이 지켜주신 것에 대해 감사 드립니다. 정중하게, 그리고 친절하게, 당신 가족과 모교회(아멘교회) 교인들에게 저의 따뜻한 인사를 전해 주십시오.

Thank you very much Doctor, in spite of your being busy in arranging home stuff and preparing for your class, yet you have spent special time in sending me email. Kindly extend also my thanks to your home church for considering and accepting our missionary work here as part of your extension work or partner in mission.

집안을 정리하고 강의를 준비하는 바쁜 일정 가운데서도, 특별히 시간을 내어 이메일을 보내주신 것을 감사 드립니다. 우리의 여기서의 선교 사역을 당신의 추후의 사역 혹은 선교의 동역자로 받아주신 것에 대해 당신의 모교회에 감사하다는 말씀을 전해 주십시오.

Thank you very much Doctor for your positive response, love and concerned, for our missionary work here, especially the coming evangelistic crusade in September. The opening of church planting in Midsayap, and the tribal mission in Manobo Tribe.

여기에서의 선교 사역, 특히 9월에 있을 전도 십자군 행사에 긍정적인 반응과 사랑과 관심을 기울여주어서 감사드립니다. 그리고, 미드사얍/Midsayap에의 교회 개척과 마노보 부족에 대한 부족 사역.

Doctor, few days from now, I will prepare the following and I will submit it as early as possible:

며칠 뒤에 다음 사항을 준비하여 되도록 빨리 보고 드리겠습니다.

1. The schedule of program or activities of crusade in september including expected fruits(9월에 있을 전도 십자군 활동 혹은 프로그램의 일정과 예상 전도 인원)

2. The detailed expected expenses of the crusade(전도 십자군의 구체적인 예상 경비)

3. The organized committee and project plan including other related things on purpose elementary school.(초등학교 설립 계획에 관련된 위원회 구성과 설립 계획)

4. The organized plan of church planting program in Midsayap.(미드사얍에 교회를 개척하는 프로그램의 조직화된 계획)

5. The cultural history of Manobo tribe including their livelihood and other related data.(마노보 부족의 생계와 기타 관련 자료를 포함한 마노보 부족의 문화 역사)

Before I end, let me share to you Doc, my very memorable experience last weekend with the Manobo tribe.

마치기 전에, 지난 주말에 마노보 부족을 만났던 잊지 못할 경험을 같이 나누고자 합니다.

Last sunday, Pastor Magno and I went to the tribal area. The place is called barangay Palacat, Aleosan, Cotabato. It took approximately 20 kilometers from the town of Aleosan. We passed through the rugged and rough road going to that mountainous area of barangay Palacat. It took almost one hour from the town in order to reach that place. We stayed there for two days.

지난 주일에 마그노 목사와 제가 부족 지역에 갔습니다. 그곳은 코따바또 도의 알리오산 군의 팔라캇이라는 바랑가이(읍, 면, 동)입니다. 그곳은 알리오산 타운에서 약 20킬로미터 떨어져 있습니다. 우리는 울퉁불퉁하고 거친 길을 통과하여 팔라캇 바랑가이의 산악 지역으로 들어갔습니다. 타운에서 그곳으로 가는데 거의 한시간이 걸렸습니다. 그곳에서 이틀을 머물렀습니다.

Before we arrive, almost 15 Manobo male and female including their children waiting for us. We are glad that their Leaders called "timuay" warmly welcome us. We met and have our sunday worship service in their tribal hall, because at present, we do not have church building in that place. Their barangay captain and other barangay officials attended the church service. They are sympathizers to Christianity but not yet baptize.

우리가 도착하기 전부터 마노보 남자와 여자 15명이 자기 자녀들을 데리고 우리를 기다리고 있었습니다. 지도자들이 우리에게 "티무아이"라고 말하며 우리를 따뜻하게 반겨주어서 기뻤습니다. 그들 부족 회관에서 만났고 그곳에서 주일 예배를 드렸습니다. 왜냐하면 현재는 그곳에 교회 건물이 없기 때문입니다. 그들의 면장(barangay captain)과 기타 면의 관리들이 예배에 참석했습니다. 그들은 기독교에 동조하고 있는데 아직 침례를 받지는 않았습니다.

In their initial report, and we are eye witness of it, there are more than 50 households of the Manobo tribe, scattered in the mountainous area and some along the river of the barangay Palacat. Their source of livelihood is farming, rice and corn and vegetable as well as fishing.

그들이 최초에 말하는바와 우리가 눈으로 본 바로 50여 가구의 마노보 부족이 산악 지역에 흩어져 있고 일부는 팔라캇 바랑가이의 강가에 살고 있습니다. 그들 생계의 원천은 농업인데, 쌀과 옥수수와 채소 및 어업입니다.

Their major concern is for Health and Education, because they are living in the remotest area which is far from hospital and school. Almost their young people, not able to finish elementary grade and got married.

그들의 주요 관심은 건강과 교육인데 병원과 학교에서 멀리 떨어진 지역에 살고 있기 때문입니다. 대부분의 젊은이들이 초등학교를 마치지 못하고 결혼을 합니다.

The new converts, including the Barangay captain, has a generous heart and very cooperative to the mission work.

면장을 포함한 새로운 회심자들은 선교사역에 관대한 마음을 가지고 있고 매우 협조적입니다.

The Manobao barangay Captain, offered his land as donation in case we are planing to open Bible Training Center in that place, where we could build our building. Another Manobo offered his portion of lot for the church building. They are very much eager and exited that Christianity will flourish in that place.

마노보 면장은 우리가 그곳에 성경 훈련 센터를 연다면 자기 땅을 기증하겠다고 하며 우리가 우리의 건물을 지을 수 있습니다. 또 다른 마노보 사람은 자기 몫의 땅을 교회 건물을 짓는데 제공했습니다. 그들은 자기들 지역에 기독교가 번창하기를 갈망하고 기대하고 있습니다.

Because of their hunger for the word of God, I accepted their request to lead them in Sunday worship even once a month. Every First sunday of the month, It is my schedule to go, visit, and lead sunday worship in that place.

그들이 하나님의 말씀에 굶주렸기 때문에 한 달에 한번이라도 그들을 위해 주일 예배를 인도해 달라는 요청을 수락했습니다. 매달 첫째 주일에 제가 그곳으로 가서 주일 예배를 인도하려고 합니다.

We also consider this place for our coming evangelistic crusade in september.

이번 9월에 있을 전도 십자군 행사에 이 지역을 포함시켰습니다.

(P.S.) Pastor Hernane Magno, 71 year old pastor, was the one who pioneered that Manobo tribe. He is a pastor of Aleosan Church, due to old age, he cannot sustain to follow up that place. He ask me to assist and later to take care that mission.

(추신) 마그노 목사는 71세의 늙은 목사인데 마노보 부족 사역을 개척한 사람입니다. 그는 알리오산 교회의 목사인데, 나이가 많아 그곳에 자주 갈 수 없습니다. 그분이 나에게 도와달라고 했고, 나중에 그 사명을 맡아달라 했습니다.

Lastly, I hope you will not tired Doc of reading my long long missionary story. They are part of my missionary dream, and I feel compassion in their situation.

마지막으로, 저의 긴 긴 사역 이야기를 읽는데 지루해 하지 않았기를 바랍니다. 그들은 저의 선교 비전의 일부이며 그들의 상황에 동정을 느끼고 있습니다.

In conclusion, it is my fervent prayer that before the coming of the Lord this area must be saturated by the Gospel and they can also received salvation including their next generation.

결론적으로, 주님이 재림하시기 전에 이 지역에 복음으로 흠뻑 젖어서, 그들 뿐 아니라 그들의 후손들이 구원받을 수 있기를 열렬히 기도하고 있습니다.

I always pray Doc, that may the Lord be gracious to you because you are really inspire us to move for the greater mission. God bless and more power.

주님이 당신께 은혜를 베푸시기를 항상 기도하고 있습니다. 당신은 우리로 하여금 더 큰 사명을 감당하도록 진정으로 고무시키기 때문입니다. 주님이 복주시고 능력 주시기를....

Sincerely Yours, Pastor Edwin, Partner In Christ Mission

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
715 인도창조과학 선교여행 보고 2011/08 3 file honey 2011.08.23 2206
714 필리핀 이은두선교사 2010년 선교보고 2 honey 2011.01.02 2195
713 집구하기 - 남아프리카 선교 이야기 2(임성현) honey 2010.01.26 2180
712 허정덕선교사 기도편지(2009.10.09) file honey 2009.10.10 2176
711 표선평강교회 file honey 2010.11.08 2170
710 남아공 김경열/김선영 선교사입니다. file honey 2010.05.24 2160
709 선교편지 33호 - 김동건, 배영혜 file honey 2010.11.06 2142
708 일로일로에서 첫번째 기도 편지 3 honey 2006.09.15 2130
707 남아프리카에서 두 아이 학교 보내기-임성현 선교사 남아프리카 이야기 1 honey 2010.01.26 2124